The tyre is removed from the wheel rim to change the tyres and then a different tyre is fitted to the same wheel rim. Special tyre fitting machinery and trained specialists are required for this work.
Changing tyres takes more time and costs more than changing wheels.
- The vehicle is lifted and the summer or winter wheels are removed
- The tyres are removed using a tyre dismantling machine and different or new tyres are re-fitted. A new valve is fitted during this stage
- The tyre pressure is re-set
- The wheels are rebalanced
- The wheels are fitted back onto the vehicle
- The vehicle is lowered and the wheel screws/nuts are tightened with the correct torque
- During this process another visual inspection of the brakes is carried out
Attention: If additional work is required, such as re-programming the tyre pressure sensors, it will be charged separately on the basis of the time taken and materials required.