It is assumed that the air conditioning system “loses” up to 10% of the refrigerant every year. This loss occurs as a result of its construction through the pipes/hoses and connections and cannot be prevented. If the air conditioning has lost so much refrigerant that the minimal pressure required is no longer in the system, it will switch off as a precautionary measure to avoid consequential damage.
So that this doesn’t happen in high summer when you are in a traffic jam, we recommend having the air conditioning serviced no later than every three years. At the same time a large amount of condensed water will be formed by the evaporator when the system is operated owing to its design. The air from outside flows through this evaporator before it reaches the inside of the vehicle. Unfortunately, the warm/damp environment can also lead to the formation of fungus and germs here. Under some circumstances they not only smell unpleasant, but can also be harmful to health. A component of the air conditioning service is the sterilisation of the evaporator. At yourwheels you will find dealers, who will carry out an air conditioning service on your vehicle.
- Functional and visual check of the air conditioning
- Removal of the refrigerant (gas) & recycling
- Emptying the system and undertaking a leakage test
- Filling the system with refrigerant and compressor oil following the manufacturer’s instructions
- Pollen filter check (if applicable replace if desired)
- Disinfect evaporator, pollen filter housing and air channels
- Final check, check that the air conditioning system works
Fluids and spare parts will be charged additionally if required.
If additional work is needed, this will be charged separately according to time taken and materials used after agreement with the customer.
Your selected service will be verified when you arrive at the Workshop. If your vehicle does not match standards or any adjustments to your selected
services are necessary, you make an agreement direcly with the workshop.